Saturday, March 17, 2012

My Baby Boy is Two Months Old!


I know I've said it before, but I simply cannot believe that my baby boy is growing so fast.  Two months old already. . . and growing like a weed.

 
What / How Is Easton Eating?

Easton has done fairly well with eating most of the month.  He moved to drinking 4 ounces nearly all the time, but occassionally will take 5 ounces.  We have had a bit of a set back during the last week since Easton started daycare.  They have struggled with Easton wanting to snack on ounce by ounce rather than drink his whole bottle.  I think they might be trying to burp him too often. . . but we'll have to work with them on improvement next week.


What Does Easton's Schedule Look Like?

Now that Easton has started daycare I wake him up at about 6:00 AM, after I am awake and ready and have Brooklyn ready.  He typically drinks a bottle right away and is headed towards daycare by 6:45.

After he arrives at daycare he still eats about every 3 hours and naps a bit sporadically.  We're still figuring things out related to daycare as it's only been a week.  Hopefully we'll get into a better routine soon.

Either Matt or I pick up the kids around 5PM and head home for dinner, sometimes a walk, and any other things we need to complete.

We start our nighttime routine at about 7:10 when we get the kiddos in the bath, Matt reads some books to Brooklyn, and I feed Easton before laying him down to bed. We do a dream feed with Easton at 10:00 PM, and then hope and usually Easton will then sleep until between 3 and 4 AM.  This past week has been a little rougher with Easton waking up to whimper a few times at night before his first wakeup.  But, hopefully figuring out the eating will help with the rest of the routine. Did I mention we had Daylight Savings Time this week?  Yeah, I don't think that helped much.


What Does Easton Love?

A lot of his loves are similar to last month. . .
* Cuddle time with mommy or daddy

* Bathtime with Brooklyn

* His Swing - He loves watching the birds spinning around and his reflection in the mirror

* The infamous singing monkeys

* Being outside


 What Has Easton Learned This Month?

* Has become extremely good at self soothing and typically only continues crying when he truly needs something.

 
* Smiling and Small Giggles - We have to work for them a bit harder than we did with Brooklyn, but they are SO worth it


What Do I Want To Remember About This Month?

This month has resulted in a lot of change for our family.  Starting daycare, nicer weather, me going back to work, etc.  I want to remember all of it - but mostly I want to remember these days when Easton will still let me cuddle him and kiss his feet, etc.


Sibling Encounters

While I love watching every moment between Brooklyn and Easton my favorite moment this month was finding the note that Brooklyn had written to her brother (her Bubby). 

I also loved how excited Brooklyn was to have her brother at the same daycare center where she spends her afternoons.  Adorable!


Two Month Picture:

One Month Picture:

Some Out takes:



Image and video hosting by TinyPic
 

No comments: