Monday, August 6, 2012

Steps Towards a New Me

If you are friends with me on Facebook you know that I am preparing for a half-marathon. This started as an idea back when one of my besties, Kathleen, and I were both pregnant.  We had this idea that to get the baby weight off we would participate in the Wine and Dine RELAY Half Marathon . . .meaning we could share the burden of 13.1 with our hubbys.  But of course, this is the year they chose to cancel the relay version.  So. . . 13.1 it is.  Woot. 

In addition to the running I'm also trying to eat healthy.  This is a struggle for me because I love me some food.  LOVE it.  I also tend to be all or nothing with food.  So. . I'm trying to remember that nothing is not a good alternative.  If you're on My Fitness Pal let me know so we can be "friends". . I need acountability partners. 

So far I've lost 6 pounds.  Not as many as I'd like to, but I've only been at it for 2 weeks.  So. . . I need to work on my patience. 

But I did get some new shoes. . they aren't cute, but they are fitted for my needs and are comfy.  They make them in cute colors. . so. . next time I'll order the cute ones.



Image and video hosting by TinyPic

1 comment:

Sarah G. said...

I'm so proud of you, and excited to share in the goal with you guys. And 6 lbs is amazing, it is one step closer, one day at a time. Keep up the good work my friend! Love you!!!!!!